***some possible slight spoilers below***
(and no it has nothing to due with being high or drunk or regressing back to your pubescent or prepubescent inner child to enjoy this movie)
1) Do NOT view this movie as a spoof. It's not a spoof of "40 Year Old Virgin", "American Pie", or any of a dozen teen sex comedies where the guy is running around trying madly and inanely to lose his virginity for **insert plot reason, however lame, here**. If you think it's a spoof, you'll be horribly disappointed, although it does contain some elements of the afore-mentioned movies I mentioned.
2) Do NOT view this movie as a substitute for porno (if you're into such a thing). If you think it's a porno, you'll be horribly disappointed, although it does contain some elements of porno, including LOTS of T & A, both male and female frontal nudity, simulated male and female masturbation situations, as well as sexual positions and situations, hetero and homosexual alike, as well as simulation of fellatio (don't remember simulated cunnilingus though).
3) Do NOT view this movie as a full-throttle laugh a minute comedy, although I believe it tried to be. If you think it's a full-throttle laugh a minute comedy, you'll be horribly disappointed, as there were too many jokes that misfired and/or were lamer than lame. In fact, during the first 30-35 minutes of this movie, I felt the attempted humor was SO lame that the Director and/or Writer would've been better served to simply ask the vast cast of young (and young looking) actors and actresses to merely tell them a funny sexy raunchy joke, and just mash the best of 'em together.
***Then a strange and wonderful thing happened. At about the 35-38 minute mark, I actually audibly laughed at a joke. It was a wonderful turning point. And then I found myself laughing at a couple more. Then I found a couple of the humor situations VERY similar to American Pie (the first one - the good one). Then I found myself audibly laughing a couple more times.
***Then I even found one sick joke that even sickened me (something I thought was near impossible to do). Later that joke's sickness was a bit mitigated, but...
***Then I remembered that even in GOOD comedies like American Pie (the first one - the good one), 40 Year Old Virgin, and Superbad, they had some jokes that fell flat and/or short of the mark, too (admittedly not as many though). Heck, some of the American Pie sequels (won't mention which ones) were actually lamer than this movie in toto.
4) Do view this as a comedic drama, much like the ABC Afterschool Specials of yore that I used to watch as a pubescent or prepubescent youth. Just the dirtiest most raunchy Afterschool Special that you can imagine.
5) Do view this as a movie with a message (yes it's there), much like the ABC Afterschool Specials of yore. The message isn't necessarily rocket science or horribly deep, but neither were many of the Afterschool Specials' messages, either.
6) Do view this movie as educational. Believe it or not (and I'm a 44 Year Old Non-Virgin ;-) ) I learned a new sexual position! Thus saving me from having to read the Kama Sinatra, or whatever it's called - lol. I'm eager to try it out, I just need to find a female partner my age that's limber enough to assume said position. ;-)
7) Try to find in this movie an actor or actress of the opposite sex (or same sex if you're homosexual) that reminds you of someone you know, or used to know. It makes it quite a bit more interesting. The Rose character (Lauren Walsh) reminded me of a younger version of a someone I know. In some actions, but mostly her looks and especially expressions at times. This certainly helped the hour and a half go by pleasantly for me. ;-)
Thanks for reading and now go ahead and enjoy the movie!
(for what it's worth, I rated it a 5 ;-) )