I'm not sure what most of these people writing bad reviews wanted out of this film......
were they expecting some religious aspect of the whole "apocalypse" genre or something?
anyway, Legion is a movie you either love or hate, no doubt about it, but it sure as Heaven (cough) doesn't deserve the bad reviews.
1. the gfx weren't bad, or too much, they were there to show what they had to and thats it.
2. this movie isn't JUST action and blood and guts, it had a story and i liked the writers idea to pause the fighting after the first wave of the possessed to dwell a little more into the emotions of the characters
3. bad acting? not really, while Micheal might have had better lines he still accomplished his role.
4. some parts were funny like "they aren't our regular customers", why you ask? well the look on his face was "i cant believe I'm saying this", which any NORMAL person would think at such a sentence.
5. GOD was portrayed as a human, with a heart and a mind that contradict each other, also he was depressed, people might say this was a bad decision but i think it is correct, since humans are the image of god (according to believers he made us like him)
6. YOU SAW WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTED TO SEE, there are no plot holes!! because the director wanted you to see just this, and nothing more, if other people could understand this they might also understand the whole plot.
7. here is a hypothesis so you understand the baby's role. the baby was the second coming, and since god was angry at humans he didn't want to give them a second chance to survive, now since Jesus became god it would mean the baby becomes god in the end (of his life), thus bringing with him his happiness and love for humans... so humanity survives....
i could go on, but it'll take all night so in short:
Legion is a movie that you have to see without expecting it to be the movie of the year, and over analyze every damn second of it. go watch it ONLY for entertainment and to kill an hour or so I'm not a fan of any of the actors or the director but i watched this movie with a free mind and i enjoyed it