Paranormal CRAPTivity is a great idea. I was so psyched to see it, but it doesn't play out. The marketing got me and a lot of other butts in the seats and I say good for the filmmaker, he made this piece of crap, sat on it for years, was told by everyone it was crap and they couldn't sell it, then along came Spielberg and finds the marketing angle, Let's pull a Jackass but show the audience terrified instead of laughing. I just wish they had a better movie to begin with.
Anyone who has had to canvas a house knows you turn on every light in every room you pass as you explore the room.
When a noise is heard he has the presence of mind to grab the camera turn on it's light but not bother to flip on the stair lights on his way down?
When you exit the couples bedroom there is a room on the left that was NEVER entered. The door is open, but they just walk past it.
At another point he exits the bedroom and b-lines for the far left room without turning on any lights?
When he looks in the attic his only light was the camera light, he then gives her the camera so he can explore the dark attic, HE HAS NO LIGHT???
Why wouldn't he want to call the Demon dude? Why would she be against the camera? Their motives are questionable.
If I have a camera on us and I find the misses outside in the cold (AND she doesn't remember it), I'm checking the footage the following day to see what time she got up. That's when I see her standing there. I'm thinking this chick is gonna kill me, and I'm calling her mother or her sister.
Another thing, they don't have a 9-5 job, why not stay up all night?
Top 10 things to do when things go bump in the night.
10. Grab the camera turn its light on but don't bother to flick a light switch when you pass it.
09. Give only light source back to girl and find photo in pitch black attic.
08. Don't examine tape when girl sleep walks. If you do don't worry that she's standing over you for 3 hours.
07. When you get phenomenal footage of your girl getting drug to another room, do nothing with the footage and spend another night in the room.
06. When your girl has a mysterious bruise/bite don't bother taking her to the ER. You probably don't have insurance anyway, this isn't Canada after all.
05. Don't bother to get a dog for protection. Despite the cat statue on the fireplace, you hate animals anyway.
04. Take a big interest in girl's demon, but refuse to call demon guy, you're too rich to afford that.
03. Find footsteps on floor and get great footage of it, but don't call media or police.
02. Make sure the 'chosen one' sleeps next to the open door. NEVER offer to trade spots with her or lock the door.
01. Don't Google anything until act three, research is a waste of time.
00. Keep the hardwood floors clean, because the most interesting thing about the movie was when I turned to the wife and said, "Those are nice floors," and she said, "I was thinking the same thing."